- “Southern Cross” means each of Southern Cross Medical Care Society, Southern Cross Health Trust, Southern Cross Health Services Limited, Southern Cross Insurance Services Limited, Southern Cross Benefits Limited (trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance and Southern Cross Pet Insurance), and Southern Cross Hospitals Limited.
- “Cigna” means Cigna Corporation and its subsidiaries. Cigna Corporation is a holding company and is not an insurance or operating company, therefore products and services are provided exclusively by subsidiaries. “Cigna” may refer to Cigna Corporation itself or one or more of its subsidiaries, but when used in connection with the provision of a product or service, always refers to a subsidiary. In New Zealand, the Cigna subsidiary is Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited.
- This Website has been presented by Southern Cross Insurance Services Limited, however some of the Website Services (including the application) are maintained and hosted by or on behalf of Cigna and are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that website.
- There are references throughout this Website to various trademarks or service marks and these, whether registered or not, are the property of their respective owners.
- Except as expressly provided otherwise, Southern Cross, Cigna or their suppliers own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the information contained in this Website or otherwise connected with this Website or the Website Services. No part of this Website or the Website Services may be modified, reproduced, transmitted, stored or otherwise dealt with (including in any other website or other electronic form) except as expressly provided for on the Website or with the prior written consent of Southern Cross, except that you may print, or download to your hard drive extracts from the Website for your own personal use.
- The information contained on this Website is provided for the purposes of informing you about Southern Cross Life Insurance, enabling Southern Cross members and others to undertake certain activities on-line, enabling the purchase of selected products on-line and for general informational purposes (as applicable).
- Financial calculators/calculations are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not constitute financial advice. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy and suitability of all assumptions and calculations. Please seek the advice of licensed and/or competent individuals before making any financial decisions.
While using the Website or any Website Services, you must ensure that;
- all information which you supply to Southern Cross or Cigna is current, complete, accurate and provided in a timely manner; and
- you comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards and codes.
- The contents of this Website have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law. The contents of this Website and any contracts formed with Southern Cross and Cigna arising out of this Website or the Website Services are governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- Southern Cross Life Insurance is available for sale in New Zealand only. Although it is possible to access the Website outside New Zealand, neither Southern Cross nor Cigna makes any representation that this Website complies with the laws of any country outside of New Zealand. If you access this site from outside New Zealand you do so at your own risk.
- The product description provided on this Website is not intended to constitute offers to sell or solicitations in connection with any products or services. Anyone interested in a particular product should obtain a copy of the policy wording and contact Southern Cross or Cigna on 0800 000 200 for a complete description of the product.
- All material on this Website, including any link to other sites and content found at linked sites, is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Due to the nature of the internet, neither Southern Cross or Cigna warrants that access to this Website or any of its pages will be uninterrupted or error free. Southern Cross and Cigna do not warrant or make any representations regarding the usefulness of or the expected results of the material contained on this Website.
- While Southern Cross and Cigna will endeavour to keep the contents of the Website up to date and accurate, we do not warrant or represent to you or any other person that such content is accurate or up to date at all times. Results from calculators, on-line premium estimate or quote functions do not constitute pre-qualification for cover.
- Southern Cross and Cigna will endeavour to have functionality to the Website and any Website Service restored as soon as reasonably possible in the event of an outage or other technical fault.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, in the event of any conflict between the content on this Website and the terms and conditions of the Southern Cross Life Insurance policy, the terms and conditions of the policy take precedence.
- The contents of this Website may contain links to other third party sites. These sites are not under the control of Southern Cross or Cigna, and Southern Cross and Cigna are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or special) suffered by you or any other person from accessing, using or relying on any linked site or trading with third parties. The inclusion of any link in this Website is provided as a convenience only and does not imply endorsement, recommendation or warranty by Southern Cross or Cigna of the linked site or the products and services provided there or any association with its operators. Use of or reliance on the contents of these websites is at your own risk.
- Southern Cross may prohibit links to this Website and you agree to remove or cease any link on our request. You may not frame any part of the Website material.
- Any transaction you enter into with any advertiser or other third party appearing on this Website is solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. Southern Cross or Cigna are not responsible or liable for any part of any such transaction.
- You agree by accessing this Website that under no circumstances or any theories of liability under international or civil, common or statutory law including but not limited to strict liability, negligence or other tort theories or contract, patent or copyright laws, will Southern Cross or Cigna be liable for damages of any kind occurring from the use of this Website or any information, goods or services obtained on this Website including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages (even if either party has been advised of the possibility of such damages), to the fullest extent permitted by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages so some of these limitations may not apply to you.
- Southern Cross and Cigna cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from this site are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. Southern Cross and Cigna do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to the files available for downloading from this site. In no event will Southern Cross or Cigna be liable to you or to anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on results obtained from use of files downloaded from this Website. These files may be downloaded and/or reprinted for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason except for personal use is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the appropriate copyright holder.
- All dollar figures stated in this Website (including, but not limited to, premiums and benefit limits) are in New Zealand dollars and include goods and services tax (unless otherwise stated).
Direct Debit Terms and Conditions:
a. Cigna is required to give a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit in a series of direct debits no less than 2 calendar days before the date of the first direct debit in the series. The notice is to include the dates of the debits and the amount of each direct debit.
b. If Cigna proposes to change an amount or date of a direct debit specified on the notice, Cigna is required to give you notice no less than 10 calendar dates before the change.
c. I may ask my bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
- I don't receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from Cigna, or
- I receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
e. All notices must be in writing, but can be delivered electronically, if I have agreed that with Cigna.